cjwho:

Bridge House, Chile by Aranguiz-Bunster Arquitectos | via

The project is located in an area ​​100 x 50 meters, located in a forest of Ulmos, Melis Myrtles and other native species. It is crossed longitudinally by a stream, modeling the topography of the soil. The stream and its path through the land, generate the general idea of the project.

To cross the stream like a bridge, rescuing the light and transparent language that allows the project to be inserted into the forest without dramatically altering the major components of the environment. The impact on the forest and the stream is minimal.

In the search for the site, we chose an area clear of large trees, where the basin generates a level difference of 2.5 between the two sides. This allowed us to differentiate the supports (two concrete blocks), one as a foundation near the natural ground level (south edge) and the other as a support base on the north side.

The base contains the main access, made of a vestibule that leads to a staircase up to the main level. This volume is structured on two concrete blocks, on which three steel beams with a 12 meter span are anchored and supported. Above them is a frame of beams and double wood columns. Among the columns, double glazed windows use as center or frame the same existing structure.

Photography: Nico Saieh

CJWHO: facebook | instagram | twitter | pinterest | subscribe

acidadebranca:

Chicago
[25]
The Kluczynski Federal Building is a modernist skyscraper in the downtown Chicago Loop located at 230 South Dearborn Street. The 45-story structure was designed byLudwig Mies van der Rohe and completed in 1974 as the last portion of the new Federal Center. It is 562 feet (171 m) tall and stands on the site previously occupied by theChicago Federal Building by the architect Henry Ives Cobb. It was named in honor ofU.S. Congressman John C. Kluczynski, who represented Illinois’s 5th congressional district from 1951 to 1975 after his death that year.[1] This is one of three buildings by van der Rohe in the Federal Center Plaza complex: the others are the US Post Office (Loop Station) and the Everett McKinley Dirksen United States Courthouse.
via

acidadebranca:

Chicago

[25]

The Kluczynski Federal Building is a modernist skyscraper in the downtown Chicago Loop located at 230 South Dearborn Street. The 45-story structure was designed byLudwig Mies van der Rohe and completed in 1974 as the last portion of the new Federal Center. It is 562 feet (171 m) tall and stands on the site previously occupied by theChicago Federal Building by the architect Henry Ives Cobb. It was named in honor ofU.S. Congressman John C. Kluczynski, who represented Illinois’s 5th congressional district from 1951 to 1975 after his death that year.[1] This is one of three buildings by van der Rohe in the Federal Center Plaza complex: the others are the US Post Office (Loop Station) and the Everett McKinley Dirksen United States Courthouse.

via